Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring Forth!


Today is a spring like day in Leavenworth, Kansas—finally!  However, I am wondering, will it stay?  Have you ever noticed that the spring season forces natural changes? It’s true…Warmer weather means shedding those warmer clothes and stepping into sandals (paint those toes gals!).  I can’t wait to wear my new Liz Claiborne sandals that I bought on a fall clearance ( I love a sale!)last year.  I don’t know about you, but the spring time just feels better.  Maybe it’s because you feel lighter (probably because you’re not wearing as many clothes).  I love the cool, refreshing breezes running through my hair and the sun warming my face (I need a tan!).  More so, I love the beautiful flowers and green grass coming alive again ( Ugh..allergy season ahead!)  Everything changes from dreary to drab and heavy to light—I love it!  Also, have you noticed that you begin to come out of hiding from inside the house? Long gone are the days spent cooped inside a house with crazy kids. You begin to spend your days enjoying the outside while reading a book, having lunch or just lazing at the park with the kids?  Physically, spring brings forth changes in our lives that we naturally adapt to. 
                What does that mean for us spiritually?  Are there spiritual layers that we should begin to take off because they have dragged us down last season (relationships, old habits, sin,old mind sets)? Are there new shoes we should take out and wear, like trying out new friendships, getting a fresh attitude, taking on a clearer mind set, new vision, new character or simply stretching ourselves in new areas to grow? 
 Revelations 21:6 says, “He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.”  God wants to bring new life to some old areas that may have died last season.  He offers us the opportunity for change.  Just as the seasons change on the earth, so does our spiritual seasons.  However, it takes us acknowledging that God wants us to be changed from former places to new ones-from glory to glory! 
As the world around you takes on new life, what areas in your life lay dormant that could use some new life?  Will you allow God’s Word and His love for you help bring forth changes for the season to come.  Jesus’s resurrection took place in the spring season.  He conquered death so that we could always have the opportunity for new life in all areas of our lives, not just through salvation but through sanctification.  Spring forth  this season with new life and allow God to awaken your senses to the new things-- yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment