Monday, April 25, 2011

Are you Dead or Alive?



 Are You Dead or Alive?
This past weekend we celebrated Easter, or what I like to call Resurrection Day.  For me, it is an exciting time spiritually because it is a reminder of what Jesus did for us on the cross. It also gives me an opportunity to reflect on my walk with God and what areas I still need to work on.  In a way, I take the death of Jesus as a symbolic gesture of what sin, old habits,unforgiveness, thoughts or past mistakes that I too would like to put to death for the new season to come.  The fact that Jesus was able to overcome physical death allows me to have hope that I too can overcome my physical challenges daily when I choose Him to help me.  
            In Deuteronomy 30:11 it says, “Now what I have commanded you is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach.”  When I read this scripture it helps me to know that God never asks us to do anything we can’t do without His help. We all can use some improvement in areas of our life that may tempt us to veer away from God at times.  It may not be habitual sin, but rather small choices that can hinder us from having complete victory daily.  For example, maybe you spend too much time watching tv, rather than being more productive with your time.  I’ve been guilty myself of watching not so life giving shows allowing it to fill my mind with junk and discouragement.  Maybe food, shopping or Facebook are issues that keep hindering you in ways from doing what God needs you to do. Facebook is a huge distracter these days for a lot of people, including myself if I don’t keep myself accountable.  In other words, we have to make sure we keep ourselves balanced and aligned with God’s will for our lives.  Too much of anything can be harmful.  Everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial. 
            Romans 12:1 says” Offer yourselves as a living sacrifice-holy and pleasing to God.” What areas in your life do you need to be put to death so that God can be glorified more?  What areas can you sacrifice to God so that it can become pleasing to Him this season: your marriage, finances,broken relationships, thoughts, emotions, health, job, your past, or any habitual sin?  Whatever it is, remember that the Lord’s hand is never too short to reach in and help you (Numbers 11:23) When Jesus resurrected, so did we—as new creations in Him!  So are you willing to out your flesh to death so you can be made alive today in Christ? Thank you, God, for your promises to help us become new daily. Give us the confidence we need to be victorious on this Monday as we begin our week in you, celebrating that our Redeemer lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment