Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Home is Where the Heart Is


Yesterday, I spent most of the afternoon shopping with my two toddlers.  By the time we were done, they were exhausted- -me too!  On the way home, Nathaniel  asks, “Mommy, where are we going now?”  I replied, “Home!”  His sister, Anastasia, then replies, “Yeah, we are going home!” The two of them began to chant boldly and happily, “Home! Home! Home!-yeah!”
                I smiled to myself knowing that the familiar place of home brings them so much joy and peace.  I too,  long for home some days from a long ,  weary day, where I can find rest and the familiar surroundings that bring me peace.  However, I know my home on earth is only temporary. My sprit longs more for the eternal one, heaven!   One day, Heaven will draw me from this world of pain and tears and I will be with God forever. Now that’s something to celebrate- Home!
  Revelation 21:4 says, “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."  I can’t wait to see my new home where there will be continuous rejoicing like Ana and Nate did today. 
Do you find yourself longing for more earthly or eternal things?  Which of the two bring you more hope and peace?  What are you teaching your kids about both? 

No comments:

Post a Comment