Friday, April 8, 2011

Shutdown Peace


                Pending in the news today, is talk of a Federal Government shut down.  For many Federal workers, including the military, this means- no pay checks.    "The longer a shutdown is in place, the more extensive the costs become," said John F. Cooney, a partner at law firm Venable who designed shutdown plans for the government while employed at the Office of Management and Budget. No doubt that if this occurs that it will  be costly and stressful for a lot of people.   I’ve already seen a lot of posts on Facebook of anxiety and frustration.  It’s tempting to go down that road of worry but where does it actually get us?  Let’s get a Kingdom view…
                Psalm 40:17 says, “Yet I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help and my deliverer; O my God, do not delay.”  Faith is what is needed in times like these.  We are fooling ourselves if we think that things will get better.  Just look at the world today and all that is taking place.  Things are not stable by any means. However, I choose not to be shaken but rather stand firm on the Rock who holds me—God!  For me it is as simple as taking any fear or worry that rises up in me and giving it to God.  Instead, I choose to focus on the promises of God who have sustained generations through times of trial, so why would God stop now from being who He is—Faithful!  He is the God who supplies all our needs, the One who sustains life.  Do you honestly think that God who raised Jesus from the dead is worried about a financial government shutdown?  Is He not the One who put the stars  and the foundations of the earth  in place?....Hello?
                I leave you with this peace/piece of truth today from Colossians 3:20 “ Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.”  Are you tempted to focus on the world and circumstances around you today?  Where does your supply come from, the world, men or God?
Father, please help your people to focus on Your purposes and not on worldly situations.  Peace I give you on this Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment