Monday, January 31, 2011

Winter Weather Spiritual Advisory



There’s an old saying that says, “You can take the girl out of the South but you can’t take the South out of the girl.” This remains to be true for me, an  Asian Georgia Peach! Since living in Kansas , I’ve had to get use to the snow. Honestly, I don’t like it and I would much rather be beat down with heat and humidity then be housebound by cold temperatures and shoveling snow for days. Of course, I say that now but I am sure when the high temperatures hit again, I will be singing another tune.  I am SO human!
            Last night after seeing the winter weather advisory for our area, I did what any typical ignorant Southerner would do when it comes to preparing for snow-I ran to Walmart for supplies! Yep, there I was just past 10p.m. with a cart full of groceries wandering the aisles like some crazed man woman. I was not about to be un-prepared. Then I did what any wise wife would do, I had my hubby bring in all of the groceries in that bitter cold when I got home. Hey, I am no idiot!
            This morning when I was reading I came across this scripture and I had to laugh to myself as the Lord reminded me of His provision constantly -even in the cold snowy winter months. Proverbs 31:21 says, “When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet.”  Okay, Lord , I get it! You see no matter what circumstances we have in the everyday of our lives, either storms of life or even weather storms; God is always there providing us shelter and  provision within them.  I am thankful as I am reminded of this simple but powerful truth. Yes, Walmart has its place in my life, but it is God Almighty who is my true refuge from the storms.  This all comes at perfect timing as I know I will probably be facing more days at home with housebound kids that will be testing my patience. Hopefully, their scarlet will be worn too, Godly behavior, peace and joy! One can only hope.
            What things do you fear ? What provision do you need in the storms you are facing?  Do you need to be reminded that you are clothed in scarlet today?  God’s love and His promises cover you?  As the snow approaches, I pray that you will be encouraged as you watch it fall with hope and let it be a reminder as it blankets the ground with pure white that you too are covered with peace that surpasses all things!  Have a blessed and warm Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment