Thursday, January 27, 2011

Did Someone Say, "New?"



I love new things.  I don’t know what it is about something new that really gets me excited but it does.   For instance, new clothes, just thinking about getting a new outfit makes me giddy like a school girl with a crush on a boy. They are bright and fresh, wrinkle and stain free-just like I love them!  I also like a new car. Nothing beats the smell of a clean fresh new car!  Of course, with 4 kids it doesn’t stay new long. I love new furniture-just ask my husband. I hate to admit this but I look for new furniture about every 3-4 years. I know that is awful, right? But with being in the Army, new furniture helps me cope sometimes with all the moves-lol!  I even love to move my furniture around for a new layout every few months or so.  This definitely drives hubby bonkers!  What about new babies?  Oh, my goodness, the smell of heaven wrapped up into 6-8 pounds of pure love! It doesn’t get better than that!  I love a new house, the New Year, new friends -the list goes on and on.
            I have always clung to the verse 2 Corinthians 5:17, ”If anyone is in Christ Jesus, he is a new creation, the old has gone and the new has come.”  When I was adopted I had to learn to get use to a new family, a new house, new food and a new country and way of doing things. Who knows, maybe this was the beginning of my new fetish.   Not sure, but the thought that God makes all things new is beautiful concept to me.  It's not about the materialistic aspect as much as the prophetic symbolism it holds to me.  Especially, when I have days that I could use a new chance to make up for my mistakes; or when I need some new thoughts to ponder on because my old ones have just held me back.  God is always offering me new things in the spirit daily!  It’s mine for the taking. It is like going shopping all the time for the new things for free.  It doesn’t cost me a thing to receive the new life He has bought for me.
            What new things could you use in your life today?  Could you use some re-newed hope for a broken or strained relationship? Could you use new fresh vision for your life because you are tired of the old way of seeing things? What about a new body to go along with that new mindset? New attitude? Wouldn’t it be nice to have some new truths to live by because of the old lies have kept us back from prospering?  What about new habits? By now you get my point about the hope of Christ and being made new daily.  You have not because you ask not.  Ask God what new thing HE would like to do in you this season? Make a new commitment to Him today to receive it and walk in it.
Have a blessed Thursday- Stay the course!

No comments:

Post a Comment