Friday, January 21, 2011

Hugs and Kisses


              
  As  I woke up this morning and made my way into the kitchen for  some much needed coffee, my  four year old son  ran  towards me  and greeted me with an enormous hug and kiss! It almost knocked me down as he flung his little arms around my legs and puckered his sweet lips . I just loved that moment, it was priceless; and it immediately filled my spirit!
I don’t get greetings like that every day from my kids.  Don’t get me wrong they are affectionate but my greeting this morning was impactful and made my morning.  Why did this greeting touch my heart so much? Maybe it was because it made me feel special, needed and appreciated.  I pondered it as I drank my coffee and read.  Immediately, I thought of how in each chapter of the bible it starts out with a greeting from the author, “Greetings from and peace be with you,” or something to that point.  It reminded me of 2 Corinthians 13:12, “Greet one another with a holy kiss.” 
God knew that holy kisses and special greetings make a difference.  God wants to greet us every morning with a special display of His love for us too. But more importantly, He wants us to greet Him with the same adoration and love!  Do I always go running to my Lord in the morning with a Holy kiss?  Sure, I love to dive into His Word and love on Him throughout my day, but do I have the same passionate, loving and spectacular response as my son did towards me today?  I want to, but I am sure that I miss it on some days.  Why?  However, the good news is  that no matter what  greeting  I make towards God , He is faithful to greet me daily with His insatiable love towards me, but am I always willing to receive it or better yet; make time and acknowledge it?  We are always on our Heavenly Father’s  heart and He can’t wait for us to get up so He can pour down that love in ways that move us to go around and kiss everyone we meet.  Now that is love, are we willing to pass it on?
Do you give Holy kisses to God each morning? Do you greet others with love and honor, sharing a little bit of God’s love with them? If not, then begin to start your day greeting God with Holy affection and watch the love flow.  Have a great Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic post, Kim! Sometiems when I wake up in the morning, I am so hurried, that I give God the "quick kiss as I run out the door". I try to be more purposeful of waking up in the a.m. and spend time with Him, but it seems the earlier I get up, the earlier the kids get up. *sigh* Maybe I can work that a little better when we get our own house. :)

    ReplyDelete