Monday, January 31, 2011

Are You an Ass?



The Ass and His Driver (Aesop’s Fables)

                AN ASS, being driven along a high road, suddenly started off and
bolted to the brink of a deep ravine.  While he was in the act
of throwing himself over, his owner seized him by the tail,
endeavoring to pull him back.  When the Ass persisted in his
effort, the man let him go and said, "Conquer, but conquer to
your cost."

A willful beast must go his own way

I love to read my kids stories and Aesop’s Fables is one of my favorites. As I read this story today, I had to chuckle as I was reminded of how so many times in my life, I was this ass (donkey) or literally the other ass in life- just saying!-lol.  So many times God was that driver trying so hard to get me to obey and not run zealously ahead of Him, but because I was that stubborn ass, I toppled over my pride.  However, unlike this ass in the story, I have a driver who is always willing to save me from my falls.  His mercies are made new to me every day! 

Are you like this ass in any area in your life where you have allowed your pride and stubbornness to get in the way?  Are you zealously running ahead with your own will leading the way instead of allowing your driver to graciously steer you in the right direction.  If so, take heed of the pull being given to you to slow down and allow your driver to lead the way.  Don't be an ass today- allow yourself to be driven by truth and God's will for your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment