Monday, January 3, 2011

2011....Will it be just another year or THE best year of your life?


 St. Francis of Assia said, "Start doing what is necessary;then do what is possible;and suddenly you are doing the impossible." I simply love this quote! As I start out this new year, my mind is on the possibilities that lay ahead. I get excited just dreaming about them. With God all things are possible, right?  However, I have learned through the years that those possibilities begin with me. I must be willing to take the first step in order to take the journey!  Just like the servant Joshua had to step into the Jordan river in order to enter into the promise land. That Jordan river represented his flesh. He had to overcome his fears and doubts by faith. We too are required to do the same.

I have done that by simply asking  God what He  would have me work on this year. Once I got some answers through prayer, I set some goals. Those goals included a strategy in how to accomplish what I wanted and more importantly a deadline. It has been said that, " A man without a vision will persih." Believe me, I know this to be true. For my personality type I have to have a clear direction in which to walk out my day.  However, I know that God is still God and is in control and sometimes my day can be redirected but the point is I have a plan of action to at least work towards. God willing, I am able to accomplish it and if not, there is always tomorrow. There is no failure in trying!

Don't underestimate the power of preparing for the possibilities that lie ahead. Without a plan or a vision, you are tempted to be thrown off course and possible stay lost for awhile. Let's face it, life happens and people and things will suck your time.  What is your plan for this year? What is God asking you to do? My family and I make 3 goals both individually and as a family.  We understand that we are made up of a mind, body and spirit and that all three work together in order for balance to occur. So, we then make a goal for each area. We then paste the goals on the fridge to help us keep accountable and so that we don't lose sight.

Make your plan today and take that first step in the journey for 2011. If you have no idea, then I suggest to start small and work where you are. One step in the right direction can take you to places you never dreamed of. Have faith and walk today!

No comments:

Post a Comment