Monday, October 25, 2010

"Make It Happen Mondays!"




"The major reason for setting a goal is for what it makes of you to accomplish it. What it makes of you will always be far greater than what you get." (Jim Rohn)

Mondays! For most of us, it represents a day of getting back to the "old grind stone" and hopefully making it through the day.  After a long weekend of fun and relaxation  it is hard to get back on track, at least for me that is! But I know I am not the only one who wishes that the weekends were longer! However, we can learn to approach Mondays with a better attitude and it starts with making the choice to see it in a different light. Like most things in life, the right attitude is essential.




Mondays should be looked upon as a starter to a great week ahead. Another chance to accomplish some awesome things or overcome past obstacles that held us back last week.  Once we take on that mindset then we are on the right track. I like to set goals for the week and work towards them. Notice I said "work " towards them. Sometimes, I am able to get them all accomplished and sometimes I lack, but the point is, I put forth an effort. The reasons why setting goals is important is because it helps us to maintain focus and not become distracted as easily.

By all means,I am no expert in this field and it takes the grace of God for me to accomplish the goals I set but the point is I try. Here are just a few suggestions that I hope will motivate you on this Monday to make things happen this week with success:

1) Priorities- Balance is key! You need to make sure you have your priorities in order. For me, God is first, family and then other matters. It is important that we maintain balance or like a scale you can easily tip to one side. I could spend all day writing, but then what happens to my family or my personal relationship with God? Something suffers or is thrown off.  So keeping priorities straight only helps you lead a more fruitful life all the way around.

2) Write down short term goals for the week. Also, make a list of long term goals(goals more than a year out).

3) Set an accomplishment date- Obviously if you are making Mondays your goal setting day, then make Sunday the date you want to see them accomplished. For long term goals, place a future date. Knowing what your overall long term goal is, helps guide your short term goals because you are working towards the bigger goal. Think of a person training for a marathon. The ultimate goal is to complete the marathon but some of their short term goals are to train to get there.

4) Are your goals realistic? Are you spreading yourself too thin?

5) Make a plan of action

6)Welcome failure and learn from it!

7) Persist and NEVER quit!

8) Celebrate the small victories- This is important because everything in life is a process and it takes time to become the person we want to be. Rome was not built in a day, neither will we be. Learn to laugh at yourself along the way and enjoy the journey! It is easy to become frustrated and sometimes we can get thrown off our "A" game when we are quickly side tracked with failure, etc,.

9) Have an accountability partner- I find this to be important because you need someone to help keep you on track and encourage you along the way.

10) Enjoy your week! Make the best of it and know that you just took one step closer to becoming the person that you have always wanted to be.

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment