Thursday, October 21, 2010

Look Around You!

"The Longer I live, the more my mind dwells upon the beauty and the wonders of this world"....John Burroughs



One of the perks of being a military family is that you get to travel to some really great places. This world holds so much beauty and wonder, just as each human being does. The key is you have to look around you and admire the places you travel to and most of all acknowledge the people too.  God has wonderful treasures in each person that He wants to display for His splendor.  Have you ever admired a gift of song in someone, or maybe the gift of speech, or how good looking someone is or how talented they are? Well, that is a gift for you to treasure and enjoy and not be jealous of. Just like when you watch a beautiful sunset or admire the majestic mountains from afar. It was meant for your enjoyment and to hopefully stir praise within you that God was the Author of it. So,today I wanted to share some of my travels with you and I hope you will enjoy them as much as I did. More so, I am hoping that God will truly give you eyes to see today the beauty that surrounds you in people, places and things.....Enjoy your day and may your eyes be filled with wonder!







The Heaven's are telling of the glory of God;and the firmament proclaims His handiwork......Psalm 19:1














Look up at the stars in the night sky and hear your father saying, "I carefully set each one in its place. Know that I love you more than these." Sit by the Lake's edge, listening to the water lapping the shore and hear your Father gently calling you to that place near His heart.


Look around you today and take hold of the treaures that God has laid before you in people, places and things. Ask Him today what have you been missing and who or what does He want you to begin to treasure this day?............

2 comments:

  1. My favorite picture is the last one....sigh....how precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Winny! I appreciate your feedback. I love that picture too, it makes me want to crawl into my father's arms..Blessing and thanks for taking the time to share!:)

    ReplyDelete