Saturday, December 4, 2010

Are you A Fluffer?



Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ. (Galatians 1:10)
Are You a Fluffer?
Don’t you just love going into hotel rooms where they have the most elegant bedrooms. I am talking the kind  where the sheets are turned down, the mint is on the pillow and the pillows are nicely fluffed. Who doesn’t like a nice fluffed up pillow to relax them and give them peace from time to time?
Are you a” fluffer”? I mean someone who fluffs up people to keep the peace and make them feel good? In other words are you a people pleaser?  Recently, I was tested with this and God revealed to me that I was being a “fluffer.” At first, I tried to give the excuse I was using grace with the person but then after thinking about it He was right. I allowed my fear of man to rule in this relationship and so I performed to please this person, saying and agreeing with everything, but in my heart I was not being honest  and slowly resentment began to grow.  After many years of doing this, oneday it all came flooding out and the person was surprised- Yikes! Dangerous place to be because God calls us to truth and although most of the time I usually don’t have a problem with being upfront and honest(ask anyone who knows me-lol) for some reason this person had control over me because I was fearful of hurting the person. No excuse!
Needless to say the truth always comes out in the end . I am grateful for the reminder from God that pleasing Him in every circumstance is true peace, not the false peace and comfort I was creating in my heart.
God reminded me that love does cover a multitude of sin and grace abounds in love, but that also love comes in the form of truth too when gently given in the right timing and attitude. I am hoping I will come out of that sin of pleasing man because it never gets me anywhere but rather holds me back.
I don’t mind making people feel accepted around me or fluffing up their pillow from time to time in the RIGHT MANNER, but when it begins to challenge my integrity with God then it becomes an idol.
Are you a pleaser of man or God? Do you just tell people what they want to hear in order to avoid confrontation? If so, know that peace comes through Authority. When you are under the Authority of God’s word then peaces comes. If He is for you then who can be against you! Don’t buy into a false peace or become a fluffer because one day that pillow just might smack you back!

No comments:

Post a Comment